|Teleservices Act (Teledienstegesetz, TDG)|
Act on the Utilization of Teleservices (Gesetz über die Nutzung von Telediensten)
Federal Law Gazette (Bundesgesetzblatt) 1997 I 1870
Note: The Teleservices Act was enacted as Art. 1 of the Information and Communication Services Act (Informations- und Kommunikationsdienstegesetz), Bundesgesetzblatt 1997 I 1870.
The purpose of this Act is to establish uniform economic conditions for the various applications of electronic information and communication services.
(1) The following provisions shall apply to all electronic information and communication services which are designed for the individual use of combinable data such as characters, images or sounds and are based on transmission by means of telecommunication (teleservices).
(2) Teleservices within the meaning of § 2 (1) shall include in particular:
(3) § 2 (1) shall apply irrespective of whether the use of the teleservices is free of charge either wholly or partially.
(4) This Act shall not apply to
(5) Legal provisions concerning press law remain unaffected.
For the purposes of this Act
Within the scope of the law, teleservices shall not be subject to licensing or registration.
(1) Providers shall be responsible in accordance with general laws for their own content, which they make available for use.
(2) Providers shall not be responsible for any third-party content which they make available for use unless they have knowledge of such content and are technically able and can reasonably be expected to block the use of such content.
(3) Providers shall not be responsible for any third-party content to which they only provide access. The automatic and temporary storage of third-party content due to user request shall be considered as providing access.
(4) The obligations in accordance with general laws to block the use of illegal content shall remain unaffected if the provider obtains knowledge of such content while complying with telecommunications secrecy under § 85 of the Telecommunications Act (Telekommunikationsgesetz) and if blocking is technically feasible and can reasonably be expected.
Concerning commercial offers, providers shall indicate:
|° Top of Page||× Statutes||¤ Homepage||«« Previous page|
The above translation was first
published by Inter Nationes
as part of: Information and Communication Services Act, ed. by Sigrid
Born, translated by Janet Barton and produced by Ilona Orthen. Reproduced
with kind permission. © 1997
Inter Nationes. This HTML edition ©
1998 Gerhard Dannemann. The contents of this page may be downloaded and
printed out in single copies for individual use only. Making multiple
copies without permission is prohibited.